Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Vancouver takes Game 1 in 4th OT

Daniel Sedin, Mattias Ohlund, Markus Naslund and Brian Smolinski scored a goal in this hugely anticipated 1st game. The zero scoring didn't happen until the OTs (4 in total) since both Turko and Luongo were awesome in their nets despite great scoring chances. I'll bet people were sooo exhausted, not to mention the players. The game finally came to an end after 5 hours on a goal from Henrik. Haha, I had visions of that 13 OTs..

So the win did come at a price, however. Though everyone was surprised at the return of Ryan Kesler (Woohoo!), the cut on his finger looked bad - fracture bad. Matt Cooke also claimed injury and was let off the ice in an icing call - groin pull. Alex Burrows got slammed into the glass which dazed him - probable concussion. And Kevin Bieksa got hit again in the same foot that puffed up and was the reason he sat out that last game in Phoenix. Oh, and Sopel was out even before the game with back issues.

"I got all the experience I needed in one game," - Roberto Loungo
"It's a big relief. Personally I felt better the longer the game went, got my legs going in the fifth and sixth periods. It was a strange game but it was fun to play." - Henrik Sedin
Interviews of the guys after the win.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • I was at the game last night! Was so exciting but by the fourth OT I didn't know if I could stand it any longer! If I was at home I would've been pacing my living room floor. Can you imagine if all the games went that long? I would probably have to stop watching!

    By Blogger alayna, at 4:44 pm  

  • NO WAY!! Awesome! Lucky!!! I was sooo tired from just the emotional tension. I hope we win the series.. although I'm a bit more scared after watching these last 2 games.

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 9:59 pm  

  • Oh, and just read your blog post, sweet pictures!! Man, sooo jealous! Hope you're feeling better though soon. Sounds like a dislocated shoulder since something popped.

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home