Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Thursday, April 05, 2007

This article will make you a die-hard Trevor Linden fan

A long article on Trevor Linden.. with pictures. It's an emotional read. So be prepared. Here's a quote:
"Linden scored his first hat trick a month into his rookie season. Even so, he smashed his stick in the dressing room after the Canucks found a way to lose 7-6 to Minnesota. “This kid has a burning desire to win,” Pat Quinn told a Minnesota reporter at the time. “I think he finds it hard how some of our veterans can have a ‘Well, we worked hard but lost again’ attitude. He can’t accept that.”

Some other articles:
Tony Gallagher's article on playoff hockey strategy.. I thought that I was the only one somewhat happy that Ohlund had a minor injury to rest up for the playoffs.

Elliott Pap's article on Brendan Morrison. No one ever talks about Mo anymore! I hope that his back is doing ok though.. We need our versatile and effective centerman in the playoffs.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for finding that article! It was great. When I read all that stuff about Mike Keenan and then Chelios and Trent Klatt I just wanted to bitch slap them all for hurting Trevor like that. I hate Mike Keenan--I always turn the channel when he's on TSN. He gave us Luongo and that was it (and it doesn't make up for having to endure years of Messier).

    By Blogger alayna, at 11:30 am  

  • Yeah.. the Keenan/Messier days were the dark and low days for the Canucks. *shake head*

    By the way A, you had great seats for the open practice! I saw your pics and was sitting closeby - more behind Loungo though.

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home