Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Monday, March 26, 2007

Celebrity Lookalikes

So I know that there are other NHL hockey sites with really good lookalike threads but this past one on CDC had a really good/cute one! Awww.. Peter..

Ohlund didn't make the road trip and Alain was apparently pissed off at the defence last night. *shrug*

Hey! So are you a Canucks fan? Do you get aroused by watching them play? Well, apparently you do if you're a "highly identified" fan, accoring to a 2000 NY Times article.
Both men and women -- are not only less likely to abandon a team when it is doing poorly, but tend to blame their team's failures on officiating or bad luck rather than the other team's skill. They also exhibit higher levels of physiological arousal at games, spend more money on tickets and merchandise and enjoy generally higher self-esteem than people uninterested in sports.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • that article was pretty interesting! Apparently I am a "highly identified" fan. I have not gone as far as that one woman who wouldn't go to weddings and stuff cause it screwed with playoffs. I would never do that. Everyone in Vancouver knows you don't schedule stuff when it's playoff season anyway. I have scheduled things around games though. My friends don't care--they're either fans like me or they find it amusing.

    By Blogger alayna, at 2:58 pm  

  • Haha that sounds normal to me. I guess the lot of us are "highly identified" fans. I read the articles on the bar owners rubbing their hands in glee at playoff time cause when playoffs start, apparently money has no limit. I was already looking to if I could afford a playoff game ticket.. *blush* (I don't think so)

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home