Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Monday, March 26, 2007

Waa.. I can't sleep!

Well, since I can't sleep, I might as well put up a post. The Canucks were without Mattias for the first time this season. It looked like they were doing well in the first period but Colorado and Sakic came back with a vengence to win in shootout 5-4.

From canucks.com:
Just as Mitchell is set to return to the line-up after missing the past five games with a groin strain, Ohlund is going to step out.

The Swedish horse injured his elbow during Wednesday's 2-0 win over the Predators when his elbow pad slid up as he fell to the ice.

"It was in the second period and it was pretty simple: I just fell down on the ice," said Ohlund, who currently leads the team in ice time averaging just under 25 minutes per game. "I got a little cut on my elbow that can't be closed yet, it needs to be open for a few days to heal from the inside. It's not a big deal, but it's something we need to look after."

"They could sew it up and I could probably play, but there's a risk of infection and that wouldn�t be good so we�re just taking it slow and making sure we do the right thing."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home