Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Ohlund's back and Luongo wants to fight

He's back! So Ohlund's back for tonight's last home game against Colorado. Pretty exciting for Colorado fans, considering if they lose this one, they'll be definitely eliminated from playoff contention. Tonight will also be the Jerseys off our backs and Canucks players awards. I wonder if it will be televised? I don't think Ohlund will get the Babe Pratt Award this year. I think it'll go to Kevin Bieksa, though I think Salo and Ohlund should share it this year. From Botchford's article:
Before Ohlund was injured, he was leading the team in minutes played, having yet another year in which he shut down the league's best forwards, but did so in his Ohlund-like way -- seemingly quietly and without much fanfare.

Throughout his Canucks career, he has been one of the team's most important but underrated players.

"Mattias is a very experienced defenceman and a great leader," Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said. "He's been in our top-two pairs all year. He plays power play and PK. We're getting [back] a guy who logs a lot of minutes."

Aww.. I kinda miss hearing the AV insults from the beginning of the year.

As for Roberto wanting to fight, I was just joking. Or, rather, he was. Luongo joked that he intentionally let in a bad goal in the LA game to charge up his team. "It was either that or get in a fight," he said. To which Henrik interrupted and said, "I don't think he would have that big of a chance."

"Maybe I'll just fight [Henrik] in practice and see how that goes."

Hee hee! I can just imagine them fake glaring at each other(and Louie has that mean glare you know) and saying, "BRING IT ON!"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home