Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Monday, February 25, 2008

Henrik Sedin and Mattias Ohlund

Man, I don't think I have problems telling the Sedins apart when they're together but when they're apart, it's a little harder.. Here's a great photo by Jeff Vinnick of a Sedin and Mattias Ohlund during the father/son road trip (apparently neither the Sedins nor Ohlund had a family member present). During my search as to visual clues to tell the difference, I found this 2006 article by ESPN's David Amber which had some pretty funny quotes.
Q: Last season, you played with Anson Carter on a line affectionately called "The Brothers Line." How did he influence you on and off the ice?

Daniel: He helped keep us focused. He told us to have fun, but he was also really prepared, he would always watch loads of tape before games, working on the power play and things like that.

Henrik: Off the ice, he tried to get us into hip-hop music and things like that. We tried to do our hair in dreadlocks like his, but it didn't work out [laughs].


Edit: I was pretty sure it was Henrik and now I'm EVEN MORE pretty sure. hahahaha.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • I just had a visual of the Sedins with dreadlocks flowing out from under their helmets!

    By Blogger alayna, at 6:08 pm  

  • I think you are mentioned in the game program that I got on Saturday! There is a Q & A feature with Mattias Ohlund and one of the questions is:

    "Another thing that's changed in the last 10 years is the attention that is paid to the players, and the exposure the game has in many forms of media, like the growth of the Web. Did you know that there is a website that is "Dedicated to the Appreciation of Mattias Ohlund?"

    That's you isn't it?

    Ohlies answer: "I did not know that. Yes, it is crazy today, with all the media interest since I came into the League 10 years ago. That's just society in general, how much information is available, and is out there. Being a player in this city, it has never been a problem; the fans have been great. I enjoy playing here; hopefully there is a mutual respect between me and the fans."

    By Blogger alayna, at 6:32 pm  

  • Hey, another Q&A with Ohlie?! Man, he's had three within the past like 4 months now. Was it a good article? Who was the interviewer? Hopefully cdc will post the article...

    But yeah, thanks for posting that A! Yes, I think it's me.. if it's the "In Appreciation of Mattias Ohlund" site that they're talking about...

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 12:09 am  

  • When I read that question I was like "Hey!" Maybe Ohlund will check out the site now!

    The article is by Garry Raible and it's called "Transplated Star...Mattias Ohlund's Long Term Success and Commitment to Vancouver". It's pretty interesting. He talks about how the game has changed since he entered the League and how he wants to keep playing here and play for Sweden in the 2010 Olympics. He talks about how his life has changed in the last decade on and off the ice.

    If I can get my scanner working on the weekend I'll scan it.

    By Blogger alayna, at 9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home