Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ohlund back and Canucks reactions to Forsberg rumours

Wowsa. Watched Sportsnet Connected and saw the little post game interview snippet of Vigneault.
".. Mattias had to go home for a family medical reason, and for him to take the red-eye last night to come here and play says so much about that individual and how much he cares about his teammates. I think that was a huge lift for us.. I'm really pleased to be his coach because he's a top notch competitor."
I'm not sure whether that's a dig onto other team members or positive reinforcement or genuine praise.. Anyway, guessing by his reputation for off the cuff comments, let's take that as genuine praise... and let's hope things are ok for the Ohlund family! =)

As for Peter Forsberg coming to Vancouver, is anyone really holding their breath that he's be coming to Vancouver? I'm not. Brad Zeimer's National Post article has some interesting Swedish Canucks quotes. Naslund:
"I'd be surprised if he did come here.. I just think the familiarity of going back to a team he played for before, I would assume that would be a good chance. But who knows? ..... He likes [our] team. Us with a healthy team, I think we're up there with the best in the league, especially if we were to add a guy like that ... There's obviously a lot of teams that would love to have him, but I think we need him and I think we'd be a great fit for him."
I wonder whether we could have a chemistry between Markus and Peter like we do with the Sedins playing with each other. Sigh *dreaming*.

I do like this quote from Forsberg's agent, Don Baisley, taken from Elliott Pap's article in the Sun yesterday,
"We're just not in a position to say anything more than what's already out there. Peter is skating in Sweden and he's going to have to make a decision probably some time soon... I think if I start to comment, I'm dead."

3 Comments:

  • i think there would definitly be chemistry between Forsberg and Naslund. they played together as kids and teens and i've watched them play together in international competition and they just seem to fit together very well. Obviously not quite as well as the Sedins but still, lol!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:02 am  

  • random, i dont know why im suddenly being known by my name, but I'm also canucks<3. lol

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:04 am  

  • ^^ Yeah, they always seemed to play well together when they played for Sweden. My biggest concern, if Forsberg came here, is that he would get injured 3 shifts into his first game or something. Not that I'm holding my breath. I think he'll choose Philly or Colorado.

    And I'm SO glad that Ohlund's back. I hope everything is fine with whomever had the medical issue.

    By Blogger alayna, at 9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home