Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Friday, January 11, 2008

I miss Mattias Ohlund..

Mattias Ohlund has been out for 8 games, 3 weeks tomorrow. His last game was against the Coyotes back on December 22, 2007. Here's a guy that played through a hernia that required surgery last season and that came back after 2 weeks with barely healed bruised ribs from the Olympics to play 30:54 minutes. You know that if he's out for this long that it's a serious injury. My (and I'm sure thousands of others') good thoughts go to the Ohlunds.

All the status, power, fame and money in the world don't amount to much when your health and future quality of life are threatened..

On a happier note, a lot has happened recently: Henrik Sedin will play in the All Stars, Luongo was to go to the All Stars too but chose to decline in order to spend time with pregnant wife, Gina, in Florida and Cliff Ronning was named to the BC Hockey Hall of Fame.

4 Comments:

  • I miss Ohlund. We really need him out there. But you are totally right. Health is more important than anything else. You know who else we need back? Bieksa.

    Are you going to the open practice?

    By Blogger alayna, at 10:41 am  

  • Hey A,
    I saw you went to the superskills too - with good seats and good pics! I was too busy to log on to get good seats for open practice on Friday so probably not - unless I suck it up and settle for upper bowl. =( You?

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 12:52 pm  

  • I'm getting spoiled--I don't even like going to GM Place unless I'm in the lower bowl! But yeah, I'm going. I logged on and kept searching until I got good seats. Row 1 on the side somewhere. I'm excited. Last year was fun.

    By Blogger alayna, at 12:08 am  

  • I know what you mean - me too. Row 1 should be good!!

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 7:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home