Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

YAHOOO!!! Trevor Linden is re-signed!!!

What a nice surprise. Here're the details from Iain MacIntyre's article today..
Don Meehan, the agent for unsigned free-agent Trevor Linden, said the Canucks' all-time leading scorer will re-sign this afternoon.

The Vancouver Canucks are expected to call a 2 p.m. press conference to make it official.

Linden's future has been an emotional-charged issue in Vancouver as the 37-year-old winger waited most of the summer to meet last week with coach Alain Vigneault to discuss whether he would return for a 19th National Hockey League season.

He is expected to sign a one-year contract for the league minimum $475,000 US, but with games-played and performance bonuses. Linden will be the final Canuck re-signed from last year's lineup and leave Vancouver with 20 players on one-way NHL contracts for this season.

3 Comments:

  • I had a feeling he would be signed today. I really did. I was at school and I started thinking about it as my teacher droned on and on. When I got home and checked my email I found out he had signed. So happy!!!!! :)

    By Blogger alayna, at 9:33 pm  

  • Wow! A, you had a feeling, eh? You have a psychic gene in you. =P And you're going to school in the summer? Waah!

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 9:19 pm  

  • Yeah, I'm going to school until next June. It takes up most of time, which is why I haven't been on my blog since June. But this month looks like it's going to be fairly light, coursework wise! Yeah! I hate going to school in the summer. It just doesn't feel right.

    By Blogger alayna, at 11:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home