Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Danny Tidwell fans breathe a sigh of relief

Wow. So, last night's results show for SYTYCD was a surprise. Spoilers had Danny Tidwell and Lauren Gottlieb booted off but that was only half true. It was actually Pasha Kovalev who left. I felt bad for Lauren and for Pasha - Pasha especially because he lost out to Neil Haskell. It was that stupid plange that welded Neil in the minds and hearts of all the little female voters.

As Danny Tidwell is my favourite dancer, I was happy to find an article with a few of Danny's comments. Here's a snippet:
A few weeks ago, dancer Danny Tidwell talked about what it was like to keep landing in the bottom three week after week.

"It's really difficult in any situation to try and make somebody want you," Tidwell says. "So I just try to find the best way to do that for myself. I'm just trying to be myself as much as possible, and hopefully it will work out. I mean, it takes a toll on my emotions, but I try not to focus on that as much as possible."

Some say Lythgoe has been particularly hard on Tidwell, who has a brilliant career going in classical ballet. Those in the know feel he's one of the brightest talents on the ballet stage.

So why go reality show?

"I know what I can do in ballet," Tidwell says. "But I don't know what I can do in other areas and dance and I really wanted to explore that. And I wanted to be with other dancers from other disciplines to see what they could teach me."

Which sounds rather humble coming from the guy pegged as cocky and overly self-assured.

"Oh, that's just a role they like to play up for television," Tidwell says. "I'm confident in my talent, because you have to have that to succeed. But I'm willing to learn."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home