Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Friday, August 17, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine won SYTYCD

Congrats to Sabra Johnson who had the majority of the 16 million votes to take home the title of America's favourite dancer. I was really pulling for Mr. Danny Tidwell so the disappointment hit a bit hard. A Virginian reporter was able to get some powerful words from Danny's mother, Denise Wall, in an article. A snippet:
The morning of the show’s finale, Wall firmly stated that despite the outcome of the competition, in her mind Danny had already won.

“I don’t even know if I’ll ever feel what I did when he finished dancing his solo on Wednesday night’s show,” Wall said, her voice breaking. “When he left the ballet world, he was losing his love of dance, and to me, watching that solo, he came full circle. He came back.”


Some other quotes:
TV Guide: "I know very well that I'm not the dancer that Danny is," says Sabra. "He's on a completely different level. For the last four years, I've known who he is, and I just wanted to talk to him. So standing there with him tonight (as the final two) was the craziest thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home