Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Saturday, May 19, 2007

A foray into the WHL Memorial Cup: Vancouver Giants 4- Whalers 3

Wow. The Pacific Coliseum is so nice and small. (I always thought coliseum was spelled with 2 "L"s) It's been awhile since I've caught a Giants game or gone to the PNE so I'd forgotten what it was like. Damn, did we ever have close seats. The final goal in OT was right in front of us too. Sweet.

The Memorial Cup Giants towels were longer than the Canucks ones. The crowd was so not as into it and only really got going when they won. It was somewhat bizarre. Kinda felt bad for the drummer guy who had a hard time getting the crowd going. The mascot, Jack, looked so unenthusiastic too. Hard to look enthusiastic when your face looks permanently sleepy I guess. Regardless, there was record attendance!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • The Pacific Coliseum feels like a step back into time for me when I'm there! I walk through there and I can't believe the Canucks used to play there--even though I saw them there a few times before the move to GM Place. It has this retro, '70s/'80s feel.

    I can't believe the crowd wasn't that into it! You would think they would be crazy happy! It's the Memorial Cup! They sounded pretty loud on tv. Were the cheerleaders not there last night? :p

    By Blogger alayna, at 11:07 am  

  • Well, ok, maybe it was crazy for their standards. I guess nothing really could compare to the Canucks game 7 that was the last game I went to. =P Yeah, during the Giants' goals people went nutso.

    It totally DOES have an 80s feel to it. Esp the videoscreen.. when it was functional. haha! It kept on cutting out and fuzzing up. Of course it was clear for the sponsor ads. heh.

    By Blogger M, at 8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home