Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

3 Weeks to trade deadline..

Sigh. There is lots of reporting about the lack of progress with contract renewals for the Sedins and Ohlund. Now the speculation is that all three Swedes will not be in Vancouver in 2009/10, but, rather, in Toronto. Well, after practically all of the team has been shuffled around them, they should know by now not to expect any happy endings even after years of good service. I sure hope that they've been given offers though instead of the insulting kissoff that Markus Naslund received.

I still have hope that Ohlie will stay here but realistically, the Sedins are going to go elsewhere. If the numbers and NTC aren't there, Ohlie might just follow them.

3 Comments:

  • With GM Place being sold out for the last 6 years, you would think that they(management), would have enough money to re-sign the Twins & Ollie. Dave Nonis gave too much money to Edler, although I like him, 4.m(whatever) was too much too soon. I am not going to be a very happy Canuck fan if the management doesn't re-sign the twins & Ohlund. Detroit gave Zetterberg 72m. recently so the arguement Gillis was giving does not stand up with me.

    By Blogger Aries1994, at 4:07 am  

  • Ditto! I wasn't happy with Bieksa or Edler's contracts. I really hope Ohlund stays so he can retire as a Canuck.

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 7:31 pm  

  • Mike Gillis would be making a terrible mistake by not re-signing Ohlund. I think the twins will be re-signed. I know the twins will be getting a substantial increase, especially because there are two of them, but MG is going to have to spend money whether he re-signs Ohlund or not, so why not give that money to Ohlund?

    By Blogger Aries1994, at 10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home