Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ryan Johnson and Jannik Hansen back in the saddle again

Woo hoo! I'm glad Johnson's well enough to come back into the lineup. Apparently he's still in a lot of pain with his finger but he's no stranger to playing with pain.

And Hansen's coming back from the Moose while Bolduc's heading down. I likey!

Oh, and it was some new guy's first game as a Canuck - uhh Mat, Mats Sedin, Sundin? hahaha! What a non-news event. But eveyone sure took a lot of pictures, eh?

Here's a snippet from Brad Zeimer's piece in The Vancouver Sun.
IN THIS CORNER: Canuck enforcer Hordichuk smiled Thursday when asked if he might be giving defenceman Mattias Ohlund a few pointers about dropping the gloves.

Ohlund was challenged by Oiler counterpart Sheldon Souray in Wednesday’s 4-2 Vancouver win after the Canuck crushed Erik Cole with a huge hit along the boards.

Souray promptly dropped Ohlund with a devastating right hand.

“You know what” said Hordichuk. “Mattias is the last guy I’ll be giving tips to. He’s held his own this year. I think it was just unfortunate that Souray’s hand came out of the jersey and he wasn’t expecting that.

“I went to Souray right after that and he chirped me back a little bit. He told me if I wanted to fight, we could drop them in the middle of the ice but it never ended up happening.”

I thought that Ohlie wasn't supposed to fight with taped fingers but I guess the tape had come off already..

1 Comments:

  • I'm so glad Johnson is back! He was definitely missed. With Hansen back I wonder who is going to sit? Jaffray?

    All I kept thinking while Ohlund was fighting was "Don't get injured! Don't get injured!"

    By Blogger alayna, at 1:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home