Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Mattias still has the "A"

Although he was already skating with the "A" on his jersey, they announced that Mattias Ohlund was going to get the other alternate captain position joining Marty St. Louis.

Rick Tocchet: "I wanted to have a defenseman leadership guy in that role.. I didn't like having three forwards. But any time we have a leadership meeting, Jeff Halpern will be in that meeting."

"It's a tremendous honor to wear a letter in this league," Jeff Halpern (the previous holder of the alternate title) said. "But I don't feel it changes the role I have. I didn't have a letter in Dallas, and I felt like I acted the same way when I was captain in Washington. And having an A here last year, I don't think it will change how I act with the guys this year."

In Vancouver, Henrik Sedin was announced as the new other alternate captain.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Jeff Halperns a classy guy. I obviously like that Mattias gets an "A", but it's good that they still include Halpern in the meetings, he definitley deserves that! =]

    By Blogger canucks<3, at 3:53 pm  

  • Totally!

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 9:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home