Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Saturday, October 13, 2007

I HATE that Trevor Linden's not getting ice time

Last night's Oilers game had Mason Raymond and Trevor Linden as healthy scratches once again. Poor Trevor, he's settled into the role of occassional 4th liner that AV's put him in. GRRR..

As for the Oilers game last night, besides beauties from Burrows and Morrison, I still didn't like the way we played. We still have a lot to improve on to get into the playoffs. On the other hand, I'd rather we suck early in the season than later in crunch time. Maybe that's the tradition that the players are trying to uphold subconsciously since it worked for them last year..

Boulerice's 25 game suspension completely shocked me. WOW. I would have expected 10-15 but 25 ties for the NHL's longest suspension!!

It's sad that 3 of the top 7 longest suspensions involve the Canucks. I remember the McSorley/Brashear incident and how Vancouver called for McSorley's head. Then the ironic Bertuzzi/Moore incident.. and now the Boulerice/Kesler one.

1 Comments:

  • I heard that if there are back-to-back games then Trevor has to sit out one of them. Which I think is totally unfair. He's 36 not 96!

    By Blogger alayna, at 9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home