Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Monday, January 01, 2007

Catching Up on the hockey scene

Well, the Canucks are winning. Saturday's game was another 6 goal game for the Canucks against the Edmonton Oilers this time. Yet another game I totally missed. =( Aha! the secret to the Canucks winning spectacularly is my not watching! *shake head*

Anyway, 6 goals!! 2 from Mattias Ohlund, 2 from Daniel Sedin, 1 from Salo and 1 from Bulis. And what is with the newbie on the team always having to prove his stuff by engaging in fisticuffs? Jeff Cowan, taken off of waivers from LA, started up with Jean-Francois Jacques seconds into the first period. I knew a Geoff Cowan once. It always seemed like people beat up on him though.

So, Peter Forsberg is back up and skating, Ryan Smith is able to hold his stick with his thumb again and now Chris Pronger out, limping with a broken foot.

A snippet from J. Botchford's article in The Province:
The low point for the Oilers had to be watching Mattias Ohlund channeling Paul Coffey as he burst out of the penalty box and scored on a pretty breakaway to make the score 5-1 at 15:02 in the third.

"I scored like that seven or eight years ago against Calgary when Mike Keenan was the coach," "Ohlund said. "That's the last time. I had no idea what I was going to do before I got to the net."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home