Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Friday, March 10, 2006

Matty's back baby!

Went to the Nashville game last night. Whoa, did we lose our offense in the 2nd and third or what?? But I was so sure that we'd win especially if we went to shoot out. Unfortunately, 6 seconds into OT, that zinger found the net. Man! Me and the dudes beside me were still sitting and groaning while everyone was filing out of there..

Anyway, Ohlund is back on the ice! Now a minus 2. I don't think he did his usual minutes out there. He was taking it easy in terms of hard checks. (GOOD! No sense in making things worse)

One thing I like about being at the game is that you can see everything. From the intrateam dynamics to the awareness of individual players and their intuition for plays and puck position.

Ohlund was the sole defenseman when it was a Predator two on one. He read the play beautifully. He kept his head up and checked one of them so Auld could focus on the puck wielding one. When the puck was passed instead of shot, Ohlund was already there so it went into their skates uselessly. Haha!

Got a few camera shots from the pregame practice. At least I tried to. Damn, they do move around a lot! These have been cropped but they're still blurry. I kept em small to minimize the obvious bad quality.

Stupid Calgary and Colorado won their games last night. Friggin. Lower and lower we go in the standings...

EDIT: Actually Ohlund did 30:54 during the Nashville game. My bad. I wonder how I thought he did less minutes then usual.. weird.

Hey, how YOU doing? *wink wink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home