Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Monday, March 05, 2007

A Win keeps Canucks on Top

Yikes. Talk about needing to win a game. After a serious game last night, Vancouver is now at 81 points, with Calgary and Minnesota both tied at 79. I was seriously considering not buying last night's ppv game. Hell, another sleeper against Minnesota?! I wasn't falling for that again. Anyhow, I'm glad I did. I've missed the last 6 games or so for various reasons so it was really good to see some hockey again.

Mattias Ohlund had a GREAT game! I was so pleased. Reinforced my being an Ohlund fan. Once again, being the non-flashy player who does his job quietly but effectively. Except for some questionable pinching in OT, or was it the 3rd, he took his man, was aware of Minny plays, aware of Luongo, blocked shots, made hits (although they were never on camera), and didn't take any penalties.

The team in general played a good game. Cowan and Mitchell were the game heroes tonight so good for them for getting into the spotlight. And go Trevor! His shootout goal brought the house down in every Canucks fan's domicile, including mine.

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, I thought the same thing as you about buying a PPV game against Minnesota. But I buy all the PPV games so I got this one too and had a couple of magazines handy in case I needed something to do to ease the boredom. I really didn't need them!

    I feel really sorry for Naslund making all these beautiful passes and plays only to not see Bulis finish them. I wish that Linden didn't have to be demoted in order to promote Cowan. Ohlund is definitely one of the league's most underrated defencemen.

    By Blogger alayna, at 11:52 am  

  • Haha.. that's hilarious A. Some magazines! Just play with your dogs (who are sooo cute by the way), that's what I do.

    And yeah, all of these upstarts who are showing up the veterans.. man, i feel old.

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 7:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home