Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Mainly Mattias Ohlund.. still up

After much ado about the dreaded switchover, I switched over to the google based Blogger platform. Pros did outweigh the Cons and after creating a new Google ID (gmail is now available to the public by the way), I felt a little better. Now looking for a way to mask my IP..

In summary, I looked at 4 platforms:

1. Blogger: unlimited posts, 300mb picture limit, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF or BMP format accepted, Flickr friendly, many themes, can edit CSS, tied in with Google (good for search engine ranking, bad for privacy)

2. LiveJournal: open source, many themes, can edit CSS/html, 1 gb picture scrapbook, annoying userpic posted with each posting, Flickr friendly, 2 forced ad bars (top or side bar option), don't know about search engine ranking..

3. MSN LiveSpaces: 100 themes, photo album capability: 500 photos per month, multiple and build your own gadgets available, can create your own lists, Youtube & Windows Media Player embeddable, tied in with hotmail/msn, may show better on msn search?

4. WordPress: open source, 50mb limited storage, limited themes, least flexible design(not able to edit html), does have site and feed stats, Flickr friendly, moderation forced comments.

I did take a look at Myspace but the blog is ugly and I don't really see the point of it.. You post comments on other people's myspace. ok. so what? Is that considered fun? kinda like Friendster. Who the fuck cares?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • myspace is useless. my friend has it and she wishes she never started it but she thinks so to far into to switch to a different platform!

    By Blogger canucks<3, at 2:08 pm  

  • oh serious, eh? kinda like us but the difference is we like blogger.

    A, i like live spaces too by the way.. i'd choose it if i were starting a personal blog.

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 7:43 pm  

  • I checked out myspace to see what all the fuss was about and it freaked me out. haven't been back since!

    I like livespaces much better since I discovered this blog that does tutorials on how to add stuff to your own blog. Without it I wouldn't know what I was doing half the time!

    By Blogger alayna, at 2:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home