Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Monday, January 22, 2007

It feels like playoff hockey

Chuckle. That Buffalo game was tight. Though I'm not a big Luongo fan, I was quite uneasy when I saw Sabourin out as starter against the best team in the Eastern conference. Uhh, isn't that insulting to Buffalo to put our backup against them? In retrospect, it was a great idea. 1. It showed Vigneault's confidence in Sabourin. 2. It boosted Sabourin's confidence in himself - playing well against the best in the east 3. It rewarded Sabourin's hard work - Alain's motto all season 4. It gave Luongo a night off to rest.

Sitting on the edge of my seat, I could've sworn we were playing in the playoffs. What an exciting game! It's still way too early for me to jump on the playoffs bandwagon though. Canucks fans are more leery after the disappointment of last season. Any happiness at how far we do go, however, will still be tempered with the feeling that it should have been achieved with our 2005/2006 core group. We should've gone all the way! Robbed of our Stanley Cup! :'( No, not bitter and disappointed..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home