Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Thursday, December 07, 2006

LOL at the Rory hype

So if you're a Canucks fan, you'd have definitely gotten wind of the Vote for Rory campaign. It's on the forums, the media, the locker room and the streets. Now even Authentix will be selling the "Vote for Rory" shirts. What I don't really understand is why the creator is a New Yorker who cheers for the Sabres. *eyebrow arch*

Oh, and here's another article on Slam. Snippets:

Roberto Luongo was tearing tape off his legs Thursday when he was asked if he's voted for teammate Rory Fitzpatrick for the all-star team yet.

"Five times," replied the Vancouver Canuck goaltender. Coach Alain Vigneault admitted he's also cast a couple of ballots in Fitzpatrick's favour.

Ohlund, who has averaged over 25 minutes a game on a Canuck team that has struggled to a 13-14-1 record, said it wouldn't bother him if Fitzpatrick gets an all-star nod over him.

"I have too many things to worry about to be mad about that," said Ohlund. "If it happens. . . I think it's just a funny thing."

Fitzpatrick shrugged about getting more votes than his teammate.

"He said he voted for me, so that's his fault," he laughed.

For their part, the Canuck players and coaching staff have found the focus on Fitzpatrick a nice diversion from questions about the team's lack of scoring.

Veteran Trevor Linden just grinned when asked if he's voted yet.

"No," he deadpanned. "I'm going to wait for him to get back in the lineup before I cast my vote.

"I want to see him a little more before I make my decision."
You gotta love these guys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home