Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I can't imagine Mattias Ohlund "gushing"

A 2-1 win at home against Dallas. I was staring open-mouthed at Bieksa's goal for a long time. "What the?" "How the..?" Then the camera turns to the bench and Mattias bringing Kevin Bieksa in for a close one. Hahahaha! Damn, wish there was a shot of that!

A snippet from Jason Botchford's article in the Province:
From Edler's first training camp last season, Ohlund has locked onto him like a university professor to his most-gifted student, guiding him, answering his questions (in Swedish) and opening those all-important doors to his potential.

"It's nice to have that Swedish guy there beside me," Edler said. "It was so nice to play with Ohlund. He's able to make me feel comfortable."

Edler was paired with Ohlund for most of his 25 shifts -- only three Canucks had more. Edler's play left the big, workhorse Swede gushing over his fresh-faced protege.

"I am extremely impressed with the way he's handled himself," said Ohlund, adding that it was what the Canucks needed with both Willie Mitchell and Sami Salo sidelined. "He played great. It's tough. I mean, this guy played junior hockey last year and he's come in the last two games and played extremely poised. I believe he's going to have a long future in the NHL. It's only a question of whether that future is going to start now. He has so much skill, he's going to be a really great player."

The knock on Edler has been he can't take a hit, but he brushed aside a huge one in the third period from Lindros and even laughed it off after the game.

"I got a couple hits from Lindros," Edler chuckled. "That one was a good hit. It wasn't to the head. I'm glad it wasn't to the head because that would have hurt -- really bad."

3 Comments:

  • hey...i have tons of Ohlund pictures on my site if you want! i am a huge Mattias Ohlund fan so if you want to go to www.thisontime.piczo.com and click on hockey..you'll be set! thanks

    Michelle

    p.s. if you do take some please lve me a msg in the guestbook to let me know! thanks

    By Blogger canucks<3, at 3:33 pm  

  • Hi M,
    Thanks for the link and FYI but I tried and the link didn't work for me.. Said, "We could not find the photo sharing web site that you asked for. Please contact the owner of the site for the correct name."

    By Blogger Mainly Mattias, at 5:21 am  

  • Yeah sorry about that, my hands are quicker then my mind sometimes lol. but thanks for checkin it out! i update it quite often so there will be new pix soon! and i finally go my own blog so i'll be working on that too!

    Michelle

    By Blogger canucks<3, at 5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home