Mainly Mattias Ohlund

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic Glory


Quite frankly I don't know if I'm pro or anti Olympics anymore. It just doesn't seem to be all that important anymore. I guess the Koreas standing unified and talking about playing under a unified front is still making the spirit of the Olympics relevant. However, mostly what I think of when thinking abou the Olympics is corporate opportunism. LOL. I had intended to talk about Ohlund going to Turin, Torino or is it Torino, Turin? But alas, I digressed..

So, Ohlund going to Italy. Is it really a big deal for athletes to play in the games? I imagine that it's nice t get a change of atmosphere but what with all of the press, the stress to perform for your country is not so fun to deal with. I guess the personal fatigue can be overcome in order to play, but damn, if I were an NHL player, I'd say screw all this, I want my vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home